Phone: Work # 956-849-1333 ext. 1384
Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees: Associate of Applied Science Degree - Network Information Management Technology Bachelor of Applied Technology Degree - Computer Information Systems Technology Masters of Education Degree - Educational Technology Leadership Certifications: Business Education (Grades 6-12) Certified Teacher C-Tech Certified Instructor: Network Cabling Systems Fiber-Optics C-Tech Certified Instructor: Network Cabling Systems Copper C-Tech Certified Instructor: Intro to Telecommunications Microsoft Office Specialist: Word & Word 2019 Certified Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel & Excel 2019 Certified Microsoft Office Specialist: PowerPoint & PowerPoint 2019 Certified Microsoft Office Specialist Associate
Ms. Nora Abigail Ortega
2021-2022 CLASS SCHEDULE:
1st Pd: Conference (8:30 am - 9:22 am)
2nd Pd: Business Information Management 1 (9:28 am - 10:13 am)
3rd Pd: Web Technologies - Network Cabling Fiber Optics (10:19 am - 11:04 am)
4th Pd: Business Information Management 1 (11:10 - 11:55 am)
5th Pd: Business Information Management 1 (12:01 pm - 12:46 pm)
6th Pd: Lunch (12:52 pm - 1:37 pm)
7th Pd: Networking Lab - Network Cabling Copper - (1:43 pm - 2:28 pm)
8th Pd: Networking Lab - Network Cabling Copper (2:34 pm - 3:19 pm)
9th Pd: Networking - Intro to Telecommunications (3:25 pm - 4:10 pm)
Administrative and Leadership Experience
Roma ISD CTE Advisory Committee Secretary, District, 2018-Present
- As a member, I advise as to the skills, knowledge, tools, technology, and tasks needed in today’s career.
- As secretary, I provide administrative support by creating professional documentation of the meeting minutes report.
Roma HS Business Professionals of America Advisor, High School, 2013-2019
- I prepare practice assessments for competition events for members.
- I inform members of volunteer work opportunities so they may participate in the torch awards program.
- I help budget the BPA activity fund with fundraisers to provide members with scholarship opportunities.
Roma ISD Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program Site Coordinator, District, 2011-Present
- I go through yearly IRS training and get certified every year in order to be the site coordinator for the VITA program.
- I provide VITA IRS training for students and adult volunteers so that they may get certified to volunteer in the VITA program as either a greeter/tax preparer. Both positions require certification.
- As the site coordinator, I also prepare income taxes and am the quality checker for all income tax returns from all preparers before they are submitted to the IRS.
Roma ISD District Technology Committee Member, District, 2009-2019
- As a member, I provide expert input on technology infrastructure for the E-Rate grant application.
- As a member, I review bids and recommend vendors for E-Rate projects.
Roma High School Career & Technical Education Teacher, 2009-Present
- I prepare lessons in the subjects of Business Information Management 1, Networking, Networking Lab, Web Technologies, and Practicum in Business Management.
- I teach students how to apply information learned in academic classes, such as math.
- I ensure students develop the skills employers seek.
- I assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- I grade students' assignments to monitor their progress.
- I communicate with parents about their sons/daughters' progress. I develop and enforce classroom rules.
- I inform students of different career fields in technology.
Roma Middle School Career & Technical Education Teacher, 2008
- I prepared lessons on the subject of Keyboarding.
- I ensured students developed the skills employers seek.
- I graded students' assignments to monitor their progress.
Roma HS Computer Technician, 2000-2008
- I provided hardware, software, and networking support for faculty, staff, students, and administration. This includes applications, network software, and the district's database system.
- I provided hardware, software, and networking installation.
- I prepared computer labs for technology training and assisted with the online testing assessments for the campus.
- I evaluated, recommended, and submitted technology purchases from various companies for the campus.
- I provided various technology training for staff and created user documentation of various software and network components used by the campus.
Cameron Works Inc. System Support Specialist, 1999
- I provided troubleshoot help for staff with computer-related problems.
- I performed entry-level systems support work. This included operating automated data processing equipment, which has the capabilities of data storage and data computation using several different software applications.
- The work involved operating automated office equipment such as personal computers, microcomputers, and other comparable equipment in either stand-alone or automated systems.
Texas Computer Education Association, Member, 2020-Present
Professional Volunteer Service
Iglesia Bautista Emmanuel, Sunday School Superintendent, 2005-Present
Iglesia Bautista Emmanuel, Board Secretary, 2000-Present
Honors & Awards
Business Professionals of America Advisor Award, 2018
Roma HS Teacher of the Year, 2016
Outstanding Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program Site Coordinator Award