Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. A. Mayne
B.A. Spanish University of Houston
M.A. Reading University of Texas, RGV
Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson 48 Special
How Can we practice?
- Bow hold : Up like a Rocket and wipers with pencil, then with bow.
- Pizzacato songs: Pepperoni Pizza, Ice Cream Sh Cone and Run Pony.
- Sing Songs with youtube videos for "Twinkle Variation A from Suzuki Book 1, slow violin only", "Twinkle Variation B from Suzuki Book 1, slow violin only", "Twinkle Variation C from Suzuki Book 1, slow violin only"
- Try to play songs with videos.
- Learn to sing Twinkle Twinkle and Lightly Row. Audio and words found on links top right or bottom of this page. VERY IMPORTANT- STUDENTS WILL BE QUIZZED ON KNOWING WORDS TO SONGS!
- Have students play and sing for you and family members as often as possible and focus on how well they do. Lots of encouragement. Ignore mistakes.
1st violin lesson: words to Rest Position Song, Up like a Rocket
Words to Violin Songs
Lightly Row fingering
Song of the Wind - Finger numbers
A Scale - Fingering
Go Tell Aunt Rhody - Fingering
Cancioncitas - Letra
Apples n Bananas
Cancioncitas - Fingering
Rest Position song - audio
Up Like a Rocket - audio
Song of the Wind
Go Tell Aunt Rhody
Oh Come Little Children
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do / Do Ti La So Fa Mi Re Do
Arroz con leche
Eensy Weensy Spider
Senor ten piedad
oh come little children instrumental
oh come little children vocals